MasterPo says: This blog is about topics and issues that are of importance to me. I am not one of the countless blogging lemmings that are tripping over each other scurrying down the hill and off the cliff of blogging oblivion trying to write the greatest blog on the latest topic de'jour. Your comments are welcome.


July 3, 2008

Non-conforming with society (so she says!)



I’m a rebel. I’m a non-conformist.

No, not like the Goth kids on South Park. But in my own way I’m fighting the system and making a personal statement. I dance to my own drummer.

At least that’s what my wife says.

You see, I wear my socks inside-out. Always have as long as I can remember. Tube socks, work socks, formal wear socks – all worn inside-out. It’s my statement to defy the establishment. I dare anyone to show me the law that it breaks.

I like my socks inside-out.
The outside is to me softer than the inside.
That seam across the toes rubs my tender tootsies and makes them sore.
They fit more snug in the shoe and I hate loose fitting shoes.

My wife says it’s yet another example of how I refuse to conform to the norms of society.

Good! Maybe society has something it can learn from me? For a price of course – I’m not a non-profit entity despite what Uncle Sam tries to make me into.

So go ahead. Laugh if you want. I’m keeping my socks inside out.

Power to the people!

No comments: